Mark Barrett

v wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:53:55 -0600, someone wrote:

If a person was gonna buy a small socket set for home
use.... would it be wise to get only deep well sockets
instead of standard depth as deep well might be more
useful?

There's a reason why standard are standard and deep are "special".
Deep take up more room and often working clearance is an issue. As
your 1st set, I'd say get a set of standard, then a set of open end
wrenches. Then if you STILL find what are likely to be FEW needs for
deep, get whatever it is you need.

There are some things you can't work on with deep that you can with
standard because there isn't room over the nut or bold head for deep.

More to consider. Do you need metric or SAE? This obviously
depends on what you are going to work on. Another consideration
is 12 point or 6 point. I much prefer 6 point for its solid
connection.
Mark