Duane Bozarth

dwright wrote:

Here's the text from page 66 of FWW #174:

"I stuck a hot dog on the end of a stick and swung it into the moving
blade as fast as I could. The result was a 1/16-in.ideep by
1/8"-in.-wide by 3/16"-in.-long cut. One of the students, a medical
doctor, said that such a wound would require two or three stiches at
most."

The blade not only stops - it also drops below the table top. Sounds
like the blade got out of the way before, even stopped, it could cut
the hot dog in two.

I'm a lot more concerned about a digit simply being in the wrong place
along w/ the lumber being cut...I don't see how that would (or could) be
detected.

I also read the FWW review article and don't recall the test of
strapping the hotdog on a piece of oak and running the combination
through the blade...