George

"Terry Vacha" wrote in message
I am new to woodworking and have only been at this on and off for about a
year and a half. I have a table saw, router and table, and drill press and
some hand power tools, workmate, etc. Please give me some suggestions for
reference material to help with tool upkeep, useful jigs, table saw,

router,
drill press techniques, fittings and tools available, sources of plans,

and
sources of reasonably priced supplies. In other words, general things that

should know.

I've been to Borders and seen the scores of books there. I was wondering

if
you folks have some favorite reference materials and favorite websites.

Most
of you probably are well beyond the stage I'm at, but if you can think of
some preferred references, please pass them along.

Terry

Used it for years.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

It's John Fierer's _Furniture and Cabinetmaking_ , a bit dated in the
pictures, but up-to-date in processes.

Then there's
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

Joyce's _Encyclopedia of Furniture Making _ .

After that, go with books specific to the tool or project type, or tape
Norm.