Clark W. Griswold, Jr.

"Scott Smith" wrote:

We recently bought a house, and it still has the original garage lighting -
a single 60W bulb mounted on the wall next to the door.

I want to work in the garage, so I need to add some lighting. We live in
San Diego, and our winters don't usually get below 50 degrees, so I figured
I'd go with fluorescent lights.

The problem is that the walls and ceiling are all finished, and I dread the
idea of tearing out the sheet rock just to run wires around the ceiling
(there are rooms above the garage, so I can't just go into an attic and do
it that way).

I'm trying to figure out what my options are (and of course, after buying a
house in SD, I'm too poor to hire an pro). Anyone out there done anything
like this?

It's easy. Buy fluorescent fixtures with a standard cord and plug. Hang from
ceiling and plung into light socket with screw in adapter.