Bob

Probably I didn't make my original post clear enough. I do want keep a few
extra tiles but I wanted to find on top of what to add these few extra.
For the exactly 6' x 10', if 60 tiles is just enough to cover the floor,
like you said I will add one more box for miscut, spare etc etc. But if the
12x12 is just a nominoal size and the actual size is smaller as such I would
need 7 x 11 tiles to cover the floor then I would need to add more for spare
on top of 77.

I want to know the base quatitiy: 60 or 77 tiles.

Thank you

Bob

"Colbyt" wrote in message

"Bob" wrote in message
Greetings...

I know 12x12 tiles is the nominal size. The actual may be 11 7/8". But

there
is usually some width for grout between the tiles. With these two

factors
combined, how does one figure out the number of tiles needed? For

example,
have a room of exactly 6' x 10'. 60 tiles enough?

Thanks.

As a general rule always buy 110% of the actual measurement to allow for
waste, a miscut, a defective tile, or future replacement. If I had a 6 x
10 room to do I would buy 70 square foot (usually 10 per box for ceramic)
and usually only sold by the box.

Colbyt