RBM

Your cable has three wires in it: Black, which is hot, White, which is
neutral, and bare, which is ground. Your tester is telling you that it
doesn't detect a neutral. Check your neutral connects
"JohnF" wrote in message
news
Calling electrical gurus............the tester reads one green light and 2
not lit which it says means open neutral. Can someone tell me what that
means and what conditions I need to look for to correct the problem. If
it
means the neutral is not connected I don't understand how the circuit
would
have power. I added a branch line using Romex. I connected the romex in
the existing metal box with the existing BX cable if that adds any useful
info. The BX cable is connected directly to the main panel. I don't know
if this condition existed before I added the branch receptacle. Thanks
for
you usual good support. John