IMM

Default New Condensing Boiler and Shower

"Richard" wrote in message
(Bjorn) wrote:

Richard wrote in message

. ..
(Bjorn) wrote:

Hello,

snip
Reccomendations for Condensing Conventional Boilers? From searching
the archive, in my budget, the Vaillant Eco range and the Keston
Celsius 25 get good press. Any comments ? How do I work out what Kw
rating I need for my house ?

I have a keston celcius, it works fine. cheap to run and fast at
heating my quick recovery hot water tank. A definate must to get a
new tank with the new boiler. Never run out of hot water yet even with
a full house with 4 adults all having long showers after each other.

How big is your hot water tank ? Who makes it ? How much ?

Bjorn

As far as I can remember it was about £150. It is 200l (bigger than
usual as I have a very big bath which takes 250 liters to fill up.) I
con fess that it is just a new ordinary lagged copper cylinder, and
performs to part L and is a quickish recovery cylinder. Which is
better than the older cylinders but still not as good as some more
expensive suggestions that come up here.

It is not quick recovery. It is a standard cylinder. Part L is the new
better standard. With a quick recovery you could have got away with a 150
litre cylinder and maybe a 125. Quick recovery are cheaper to run as the
boiler is operating more efficiently.

You could get a calculator out and
work out the math and determine that a
very quick recovery cylinder would do for
you and take up less room,
but they are more expensive.

The Telford Typhoons are not expensive at all.

My cylinder is the same width as the old
one, just a few inches taller, so why waste
the money IMHO unless
space is a premium.

You have to understand what a quick recovery gives you. I cannot see the
need to fit Part Ls.

---
Part Time World Wide Playboy
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (