Mark

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 17:02:40 -0000, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

We would fit the rads and pipework ourselves and get the plumber to do
the boiler. Around £1500 (maybe a little bit more) to spend on boiler
inc fitting.

OK, if you're happy doing the radiators, you'd be happy fitting a heat bank.
It is plumbed in just like a radiator, but with additional mains cold in and
hot water out. It is much more suited to quick DIY installations than a
mains pressure cylinder, which has to have all sorts of additional safety
equipment, pressure relief runs etc.

So, I would narrow your choices to a high flow combi and a heat bank system.
Something like:

Worcester Bosch HE35+ for 1140 inc VAT. (instant combi)

or

DPS Pandora + Worcester Bosch HE28 for around 1500 inc VAT total.

I would have though this would be more like £1750, depending on the
options fitted to the Pandora.

I think a heat bank is OTT for this application. I'm sure the cheaper
solution would be fine (combi).

Mark