Stuart

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 07:33:25 UTC, Wanderer wrote:

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 04:35:22 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

snip

Now that was a pretty fair - and accurate - description of power factor

and
its ramifications.

It was...but didn't answer the question about the difference between
power tools and electric motors...!

No, and although it all sounded very clever it failed to answer any of the
questions! OK it did answer the one about lights but then again I answered
that myself!

So, Power Tools - "0.8 - 0.95" If the 520Watts equates to 0.8 (80%) Is that
a min or max, what is the 0.95?

And is this only power tools without electric motors? Such as an incredibly
big soldering iron?

Just out of interest I connected my 750watt jig saw and it worked just fine,
even under load! It also works the water pump at the low setting which is
40watts, so what exactly is "Electric Motors" (0.4 - 0.75) 220W represent.