Silvan

Greg wrote:

listening to. If you are in a Jeep with 75-80 dB of ambient noise, I doubt
you can hear the oxygen in your cables or the difference between a 320k
rip and a 128k rip.

I'd say that's generally true. Truck noise kills everything quiet, and
everything really low into the bass with noise. Even so, I'll bet I could
hear the difference between a highly lossy rip and an only moderately lossy
rip on anything with lots of electronic stuff. Depeche Mode for example.
Might be a fun experiment.

Except I don't have an MP3 player anyway. I can't see the use for one. Who
wants to listen to lossy compression?

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/