mac davis

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 21:15:17 -0500, "Tyke" wrote:

I also recently purchased the 22124 prior to Xmas. Like others I was
leaning toward a Grizzly 1023 either left or right.

I was aware of the New Year price increase. What swung my decision was the
Xmas Sears sale. I saw a post on the Wreck that the saw was on sale for
something like $670 for a few days. This offer was repeated a few days
later, but I found this too good to pass up for my intended use.

I agree the handwheels are flimsy looking, and a slot-over-cutter-pin
arrangement. Despite being flimsy, they do not get a lot of stress assuming
the trunnions are lubricated.

I like the single drive belt. The belt is tensioned only by the weight of
the motor.

I have not seen how to modify the blade to table alignment. This is not
even covered in the manual which makes be wonder if this is not changable,
but as the original post mentioned, the trunnions are mounted to the
cabinet, and so it ought to be possible to tweak the table.

Setting up the saw was not difficult for me. I picked it up at the local
store, put it into a trailer and managed to offload into my garage by
myself.

Tyke... how do you like the saw in general, and in particular, the
fence?

I'm leaning pretty far towards that saw, too

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing