Bert

Default Ajax / Speedaire compressors any good?

I was about set to buy a new 60-gal / 3hp single-stage Ingersoll-Rand
compressor (around $550) when I ran across an ad for a used compressor
of similar size. The owner (who inherited it) says the paperwork calls
it an Ajax, but the name Speedaire is on the pump (or was it the other
way around?). Anyone have an opinion on either or both of these
brands? Would $200 be a reasonable price if it's in decent condition?
I haven't had a chance to look at it yet. What are the key things to
look for when checking out a used compressor?

Thanks.
Bert