Tony

From my memory I don't recall Southbend shipping lathes with cosmoline on
them. I used to visit AC Colby's Southbend showroom in Mineola NY in the
late 1980's (Yes there was such a thing). I used to marvel at all the new
Southbend lathe's lined up for shipping (mostly 10L's). I believe the dealer
installed the electric wiring/contactors according to the customer's order.
The lathes were all nice & shiny, never saw cosmoline unless the dealer
cleaned it off at arrival.

Tony

"jim rozen" wrote in message
Some surface rust yes - but it still has SB cosmoline on it!

What a dillema.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...em=3866304 86
4&rd=1

Jim