John A. Weeks III

In article ,
"Scott Smith" wrote:

I want to work in the garage, so I need to add some lighting. We live in
San Diego, and our winters don't usually get below 50 degrees, so I figured
I'd go with fluorescent lights.

The problem is that the walls and ceiling are all finished, and I dread the
idea of tearing out the sheet rock just to run wires around the ceiling
(there are rooms above the garage, so I can't just go into an attic and do
it that way).

Back in the old days when I lived on a farm, we used surface
mount electrical fixtures for wiring in the farm buildings.
We could buy surface mount light switches, outlets, and lamp
sockets. You just screw the fixture to a 2x4 (or any other
surface), then run standard electrical wire between the
fixtures. In your case, you would want to put in outlets
where each of the lights will go, then get lights that have
standard A/C plugs on them. It works real slick.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications
http://www.johnweeks.com