Roy Smith

In article et,
Lew Hodgett wrote:

wrote:
I have some bookshelves that use machine screws and cross dowels to
hold their frames together. The machine screws are metric: M6 50mm
long, brass plated (antique?) over steel and (here's the real killer)
flat head (countersunk). As luck would have it, since moving house I am
missing some of the cross dowels and the screws, so I need to find
replacements.

Go down to you nearest GOOD hardware store that has a good selection of
fasteners with sample in hand.

Have them special order a box (100 pcs) of what you need.

HTH

Lew

Or try
www.jamestowndistributers.com. Truly awesome selection of screws
in all sorts of sizes, materials, head styles, etc. If they don't have
it, you probably don't need it.