matthew silver

Try LeeValley
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...urrency=1&SID=

Or HomeDepot - the one in my neighborhood has a full selection of metric
fastners, but I'm in Canada

If there is an Ikea store(www.ikea.com) near you, they too will have them,
as most of their fastners are metric - and they use cross dowels in almost
everything.

Matt

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have some bookshelves that use machine screws and cross dowels to
hold their frames together. The machine screws are metric: M6 50mm
long, brass plated (antique?) over steel and (here's the real killer)
flat head (countersunk). As luck would have it, since moving house I am
missing some of the cross dowels and the screws, so I need to find
replacements. Ideally I would like to stick with metric fasteners, but
here in the USA that seems to be a tall order, so I could switch to
1/4-20 at a pinch.

I can find 1/4-20 cross dowels easily enough, but finding a source of
brass plated flat head machine screws seems to not be so easy.

Can anyone suggest a supplier who might be able to help (ideally
staying metric, but going the 1/4-20 route at a pinch)?
--
Peter Headland