Mark & Juanita

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 22:06:36 -0800, (Glenna Rose) wrote:

writes:

I personally go to Wal-Mart for most of my cable needs (I don't do any
heavy duty editing or have an expensive speaker system right now. so I
don't care about the quality so much). What I don't get is why $15 USB
cable at Wal-Mart costs $30 in BestBuy/Circuit
City/CompUSA/OfficeMax/Depot/Staples. That's a *HUGE* price difference
for the exact same product. Most other things are only about 10-30%
cheaper in Wal-mart than they are in bigger stores.

It's doubtful anyone is buying too much of anything at CompUSA these days.

Glenna

As truth in advertising, it should be CompMEX since they were bought out
several years ago by an investment group from Mexico. Not that that has
anything to do with their abysmal service and customer attitude -- it was
abysmal way before they were bought out. I had determined a number of
years ago not to darken their doors with my presence after several bad
experiences with them. Any time that I have violated that determination, I
have always left empty-handed and more determined not to go back (has only
happened a couple of times in the last 6 years -- and then only when I was
absolutely desperate for something I couldn't find elsewhere -- like
CompUSA would be the place to have it if nobody else did, even if it was
COMPuter related).

Now we'll just use some glue to hold things in place until the brads dry