Mike Marlow

"Eric Anderson" wrote in message

Well, the reason for my post is that I have found that it is not only
useful, it is MORE useful than the built-in one on my Excalibur fence. It
not only allows micro-adjustments, it has a readout. The readout allows

me
to move the fence by 10, 20, 40 or 100 thousandths of an inch accurately

up
to 1/2 inch. If I want a drawer to have a 0.125" clearance, I can adjust

it
to interference with the drawer opening and cut an accurate 0.080

additional
clearance into the drawer front. Then I will only have about 0.045 more

do with the handplane to get the 0.125 clearance I am looking for. It is
really nice to be able to put a set amount of adjustment into positioning
the fence. And yes, the fence keeps the accuracy very well.

I'm glad you find it useful Eric. I commented in your original post that
half of what we do is have fun with our tools, and making things. If this
brings you enjoyment, then that's a great thing. Me - I just don't worry
about a thousandth or two here or there on my drawer clearance. So far no
one has called me on it - maybe I'm just lucky.
--

-Mike-