Mike Marlow

"hikinandbikin" wrote in message
oups.com...
I used my router the last time with a 1/4" bit and it worked fine. I
just had the problem of having to shim the plywood as it was too thin
(5.2mm). I assume when you say too slow you mean feed speed. This is
not a concern but notably I have a Craftsman tablesaw that I don't
trust much in the way of square and clean cuts and a porter cable
router that is always perfect.

Your Craftsman table saw should do that job very nicely. Lots of us use
them and other brands to do like work every day. It sounds like you need to
spend a little time tuning up your table saw to cut reliably and accurately.
It can be done.

I'm also wondering why you want to glue your panel in your frames? Your
panel should be floating in your frames. Am I misunderstanding your intent?
As to the precise size matter, I'd use the 5.2mm bit if you don't want to
use your table saw, and touch your plywood with a little sandpaper to shave
a whisker off for the fit you desire.

--

-Mike-