George E. Cawthon

dwright wrote:
Other SawStop reports are starting to trickle in. Search for posts by
"Vanguard" @ woodnet.net and "Dave Wright #2" (me) @ sawmillcreek.org.
I also put up a detailed review with editing help from LRod @
woodcentral.com.

http://www.woodcentral.com/cgi-bin/r...cles_484.shtml

I think the terse FWW by Kelly Mehler mentioned that he had swung a
hotdog on a stick into the blade and only got a minor cut. I don't
know how he set that up, but it sounds faster than my hand slipping
off a pushstick. You have to see the demo in person to appreciate
how quickly the blade brake acts. The most striking thing, for me at
least, was the dead silence afterward. We're used to hearing a saw
spool down after being turned off. During the demo the saw is
chugging away normally and then pop the blade is gone and it's
completely quiet. The demo I saw at IWF was with the hotdog being
fed much more quickly than I've ever cut plywood.

I find it difficult to believe that a hotdog swung into the
sawblade would result in a minor cut. Swinging a hotdog at
a completely stopped blade would likely result in the hotdog
being cut in half. I know if I swung my hand into my
stopped blade I would have a serious injury.