Lurch

Default Screwfix garage RCD CU quick q please

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 05:23:25 +0000, in uk.d-i-y T i m
strung together this:

Ok, possibly 25A then .. I'll check tomorrow .. Is there much between
this Clipsal and the Volex one ?

Not really, they both do what they say on the tin. Both cheap units
for sticking in a garage or similar.

Ok, given more money and ignoring the number of ways / split etc, what
would *you* choose?

I've always used the Clipsal ones as they seem to be the ones stocked
by all my wholesalers. I can't see a problem with the Volex one, but
the Volex name has always been synonymous with rougharses. So the
Clipsal it is then.

The new
CU is plastic cased so I assume I will have to get a new gland (or
re-use this one (?)) and an earthing washer / ring and solder / screw
a tail to it and up to the earth bar?

A 'banjo', (or earth tag), is what you want.

Doh! And I wonder what it looks like!

Oh, and I've just noticed I missed a question. I'd re-use the old
gland.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.