The Natural Philosopher

Grunff wrote:

Lobster wrote:

I have to say I subscribe to the Gospel according to Sarah Beeny, who
decrees that you should buy a cheapo suite and dress it up with decent
quality taps.

Amen to that. In terms of functionality, I don't think there's any
difference between cheap and expensive porcelain bits.

However there are differences between prcelain bits. Ours have a nasty
habit of acquirng scorch marks no matter WHERE we sit, and they weren't
cheap.

SWMBO is talking of a few tests before final bathroom is equipped :-)

In terms of
fittings (loo seat, taps, waste etc.) there's a whole world of
difference. Buy a cheap set, and buy some good quality fittings.

As the OP pointed out, the bath is the exception. Cheap 3mm fibreglass
baths are just nasty.

But can be stiffened up remarkably with wood, car body filler and so on.