Security like

Just fitted a not too cheap set of pottery and found that fitting was
certainly not straightforward. The back and base of the cistern was found
to be slightly domed inwards, which meant the wall screws daren't be
overtightened in case the back cracked, and the base hole for water feed,
when tightened to the mechanism, clamped the float to the cistern wall due
to not being vertical.

Similarly, the pedestal did not fit the base of the basin when the basin
rear was flush with the wall, and also the fixing holes were at different
heights from the top edge of the basin.

So, BEWARE of cheap pottery!!! (The Bath was OK though).
"Ververka" wrote in message
I'm trying to decide which bathroom furniture to buy - just a bog, basin
and bath - and am bemused and confused by the huge range of prices of
the stuff on offer.

I can see that with the taps and other fittings that it is probably
worthwhile paying extra to get good quality (although my experience with
the kitchen where a very expensive mixer tap failed after just couple of
years suggests this isn't necessarily guaranteed). I can also see there
is an obvious difference in the quality of various baths, although again
this doesn't always seem to be directly related to the price. However,
as far as the porcelain bits are concerned there really doesn't seem to
be any immediately discernible difference in quality between the cheapo
cheapo B&Q and Wickes stuff and the megga-bucks top-of-the-range
designer gear.

So is it really all just down to appearance, and if I find a Wickes bog
and basin that I like (and can persuade the other half that she also
likes) am I better off going for that and trousering the not
inconsiderable savings ... or am I missing something here?

Ververka

Cheltenham, Gloucestershire