John

"David Hearn" wrote in message

How would you fix it to the wall if I didn't go with self adhesive? Its
going to be done in a newly built church building in a cupboard room with
photocopier etc. I'd rather use something that isn't likely to cause
damage apart from where it is attached and is also easy (this is an
additional task in an increasing list of things to get done in that room
on Saturday - many more than my original brief...

The only way to attach trunking (if not self adhesive) is with traditional
plugs and screws every 12 - 18", with a larger trunking like 40 x 40 etc. I
would be tempted to use washers behind the screw heads to stop them pulling
through the base of the trunking. I have seen it put up with 'No Nails' and
the like, but not for long! If you do go self adhesive (by far the quickest
and least messy) bear in mind it will damage the surface when, and if, it is
removed at a later date. Another thing to bear in mind with self adhesive
is, if there is a longish run (you decide) horizontally, then larger
trunking can eventually start to come adrift from the wall so you may need
to plug & screw aswell.

HTH

John