John Borman

I have to say I subscribe to the Gospel according to Sarah Beeny, who
decrees that you should buy a cheapo suite and dress it up with decent
quality taps. I don't see there's a whole lot of difference in the
suites; certainly not enough to justify the huge variation in prices
anyway.

Me too, just renovating a house bought a cheapo suite £199 from Screwfix
came with really crappy taps but spent £80 on designer minimalist taps and
the suite looks as good as a designer one. The bath (A steel one, seems good
quality) the sink a shallow wide basin again seems good, the bog, (If
anything seems a little small but is ok as it fits into a small room)

So if you spend a reasonable amount on the extras you can easily make a room
John