pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Dave Hinz
wrote back on 11 Jan 2005 16:28:06 GMT in
rec.crafts.metalworking :
On 10 Jan 2005 23:13:58 GMT, Charles A. Sherwood wrote:
they found a .50 caliber BAR on a tripod aimed out his living room
window, ready to mow down everyone on the street.

Last time I looked, the 50s were bolt action. Not likely to mow
down.

He's talking about a BAR, Browning Automatic Rifle. There are
semi-auto versions out there, and dummy-receiver kit guns that
look great but can't be fired. Hard to say what this one really was.
Since there's only been one crime every by a class-3 license holder,
it's pretty clear it wasn't the real deal.

I was a regular 50 MG, on a pintle mount, loaded and pointed out the
window. Generally a bad practice.

In Oregon, Class III is legal. And if Memory serves, he was legal to
have it.

Watching the coverage, it reminded me of a lot of "oh my god, he's got
three guns and a thousand rounds!" kind of ignorance. Heck, the only
reason I don't have three guns and thousand rounds in the bedroom is that
one gun lives elsewhere, and I'm low on ammo.

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich.