pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Ian Stirling
wrote back on 11 Jan 2005 18:33:55 GMT in
rec.crafts.metalworking :

That said - if guns were widely available in the UK, the .50 would be one
of the guns I'd put well down the list of 'likely to get shot with'.

I'm not saying that guns cause crime - admittedly in some cases they
enable it - but the trivial point that if you don't have the gun, you can't
commit a crime with it.

If you don't have tools you can't use them. Doesn't mean you can't
accomplish what you wanted to do, just that you will have to find another
set of tools. I do a fair amount of design work based on what tools I have
to accomplish the intended task.

OTOH, if you don't have the gun, you can't use it for self-defense.

It's not the tool used in the crime, its the crime in the tool user.
Or as I say "A hundred nuns with guns is less of a threat than one hun with
a club."

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
"We don't support "guns" ... the term "gun" gets in the way of