Dave Liquorice

Default Portable Electrity Generators

On 11 Mar 2004 10:38:06 GMT, wrote:

... our site had an Interesting experience concerning a diesel
backup genset and the incoming mains feed playing repeated
"up-again, oops, gone again, up again, down, up, brownout, down, up,
howja-mean genset's out-of-phase, GOSH what a lot of molten copper,
those busbars weren't really designed as a fusible link, were they?"
incident some 10+ years ago

Might have been the same incident if you are refering to HP and MOD to
the north of Bristol... Though TBH the incident I'm thinking of must
be nearer 20 years ago now rather than 10.

Of course in a properly designed system once the mains goes and you've
switched over to your generators you should stay on your generators
until you've had it confirmed from the supply company that the
restored supply is secure and isn't going to go off again. Auto start
your generators but don't auto switch back to the mains.

--
Cheers

Dave. pam is missing e-mail