Ric

"David Hearn" wrote in message
I have to cover about 2-3m of cabling going into a wall mounted rack.
There are about 18 cat5e cables. I'm looking at just some basic trunking,
and from what I can see, mini trunking, is the most common. However, I
cannot work out the correct dimensions. I often see them described as:
10mm x 8mm x 3m, 18mm x 9mm x 3m, 16mm x 16mm x 3m, 25mm x 16mm x 3m, 40mm
x 16mm x 3m, 40mm x 25mm x 3m. Maxi trunking is larger, but less common.

Which is the width and which is the depth? I've seen some trunking
(slotted edge, which can bend) which is very deep but very thin - that's
not what I'm after. I'd like a nice wide bit of trunking. If necessary,
I'd use 2 bits next to each other if I can't fit all cables in it.

Any idea of the size trunking I would need to put in about 18 cables? Any
where online that would do these sizes, and can delivery next day (I need
to do it on Satuday). So far B&Q don't have maxi trunking, Screwfix don't
either, BES have the sizes above (mini) but no maxi, TLC-Direct do maxi,
but don't appear to have any of the corners (I need one or two corners).
Anywhere else to try?

Also, can anyone explain how the corners etc works in trunking? Do they
just go over the cover, or are they mounted to the wall? If they go over
the cover, how do they stay there?

Thanks

David

Might be worth phoning some local electrical wholesalers and see if they
have it - if they do and they have it in stock you could arrange to pick it
up on Saturday and would then be sure that you would have it in time. You
will probably find that the people in those kind of places are very
helpful - they usually are.