EricP

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 13:39:38 -0000, "Autolycus"
wrote:

While investigating the options for replacing the 35 sq metres of
asbestos cement roof that blew away in Saturday's gale, I have
discovered just how expensive asbestos disposal has become. One local
firm has quoted £50 per sheet if I took it to them, or £850 for a skip.
Derbyshire County council will only accept 2 square metres at a time at
their sites.

Such is the hysteria that we now face for disposal of this simple
mineral.

I look out of my window at acres of garage roofs covered in the stuff.
I hope it lasts a bit longer.