Richard

Default New Condensing Boiler and Shower

(Bjorn) wrote:

Richard wrote in message . ..
(Bjorn) wrote:

Hello,

snip
Reccomendations for Condensing Conventional Boilers? From searching
the archive, in my budget, the Vaillant Eco range and the Keston
Celsius 25 get good press. Any comments ? How do I work out what Kw
rating I need for my house ?

I have a keston celcius, it works fine. cheap to run and fast at
heating my quick recovery hot water tank. A definate must to get a
new tank with the new boiler. Never run out of hot water yet even with
a full house with 4 adults all having long showers after each other.

How big is your hot water tank ? Who makes it ? How much ?

Bjorn

As far as I can remember it was about £150. It is 200l (bigger than
usual as I have a very big bath which takes 250 liters to fill up.) I
con fess that it is just a new ordinary lagged copper cylinder, and
performs to part L and is a quickish recovery cylinder. Which is
better than the older cylinders but still not as good as some more
expensive suggestions that come up here. It works for me. I have never
run out of water and the shower eats it up at 20l a min output. You
could get a calculator out and work out the math and determine that a
very quick recovery cylinder would do for you and take up less room,
but they are more expensive. My cylinder is the same width as the old
one, just a few inches taller, so why waste the money IMHO unless
space is a premium.

Richard