Phisherman

Thanks, I'll check out the garbage can lid. I was thinking about
using a stick of burning incense. It is difficult to replace the
flexible corrugated hose with PVC without an overhead system (and the
1.5HP is just not enough power).

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 15:38:03 -0800, "Pounds on Wood"
wrote:

"Phisherman" wrote in message
.. .
Any tips on how to detect DC leaks? I use a 1.5HP DC, a pre-DC
cyclone garbage can, corrugated 4" tubing, blast gates. I was
looking for a step-by-step DC tuneup.

If you mean leaks in the ducting, just look for the big sucking wounds.
Seriously, any significant leak in ducting would be obvious. Small leaks
that would require sniffing with smoke are meaningless in such a system.
Blast gates always leak too. Concentrate on eliminating leaks around the
garbage can lid, using weatherseal for example, and get rid of as much
corrugated hose as possible. Smooth ID hose or pipe makes a big difference.