Velvet

Default Problem with heating system

Robert wrote:
It is a pressurised system - I did remember to refill it - When I
measure the pressure at the expansion vessel the pressure is 0.5 bar -
it used to be just over 1 bar.

The pipes are mainly microbor (3/8")

There is definetly no air locks in the system. Since all of the
radiators heat proberly I don't think there is a problem with the
boiler or programmer.

We have a 2 storey house

What is a filling loop??

Thanks for the reply

Rob

Filling loop is hte connection between mains water and your pressurised
heating circuit, and the means by which you refill it.... but I am
suprised you didn't know this if you've got as far as refilling the
system :-) You *did* use this method, I hope?

I have a sealed system with a potterton puma, and the boiler gives the
recommended pressure of the system in all it's gumph. It also has a
built in pressure gauge on the boiler. It's normally around 1.5bar, but
it may well be different for your boiler so don't assume that's right
for all systems.

Velvet