Glenna Rose

writes:

"Glenna Rose" wrote in message
news:fc.003d094101e056e0003d094101e0528d.1e05728@ pmug.org...
We're supposed to build a playhouse next spring and have been talking

how
it should be. With chalk, we drew the 4x8 outline on the garage floor

and
they drew where the windows and doors should be and what they would put

in
it. It'll be 4x8 because last summer I scored on some 4x8 skylights for
$50 each. Two will be greenhouse roof and one will be their playhouse
roof. It won't be fancy, but they'll have fun with it.

make a shade for it inside. i don't know where you are, but if you can
make
a greenhouse out of these, the playhouse will also be a greenhouse, if
not a
cooker.

Thank you, Charlie.

There will be some sort of shade system for it, to be determined later.
I'll allow for some type of "roller" system as I'm constructing. I've
considered placing it so it's in the sun during the non-summer days and
shaded by the apricot tree in the summer, taking advantage of the natural
shade. I'll be watching that particular spot closely the next few months
to see if that would be a good idea or not. On the other hand, that
particular spot would be perfect for cool weather crops.

At our neighborhood cleanup last year, I collected many windows for the
greenhouse (terrible recycler am I) and am waiting for my engineer son to
draw some plans utilizing what I have. He'll be asking what I'm planting
before long so it'll be an appropriate time to remind him the garden
delights will be ready sooner if they get a greenhouse start. He did
think that the skylights were a great score even though he'd prefer his
mom stay away from the rebuilders' stores and second-hand stores to which
I'm so addicted. (I remind him better than booze. LOL)

Actually, shading for the playhouse it won't be necessary because the
playhouse will be under the Evergreen Magnolia tree so will be shaded all
day.

We are in the Portland, Oregon, area, but on the north side of the
Columbia. Mild climate, usually, though no one would have said that 53
weeks ago.g

Glenna