Joshua Putnam writes:
Haven't looked at their shipping terms, but it wouldn't surprise me if
they were shipping FOB their warehouse -- as soon as it leaves their
dock, it's yours, not theirs, and straightening out shipping losses is
up to you. Dirt cheap discounting includes the service.

Well, that is all I was saying... maybe HF's discount is not worth the
lack of *effective* customer service.

On the other hand in other industries, players like Dell, Amazon,
Buy.com, and Newegg all offer rock-bottom-pricing and high quality
service.

Heck, it constantly amazes me how even the "super saver" or "free"
shipping from Dell and Amazon often arrives after only a day or two.