"Edwin Pawlowski" writes:

wrote in message
They showed no empathy and refused to even admit that they or their
agent (UPS) may have done something wrong here (like leaving large
boxes of expensive metal tools out on an exposed porch in the snow)

You can't blame HF for the policies of UPS. Why not contact UPS yourself
and put in a claim? Fact is, once UPS picks up the package, the title to
the goods transfers to you. HF has no obligation to do anything.

I am not sure that that is true legally.
But in any case, I am not talking about the legal issue but about the
customer service issue.

They don't seem to have any interest in helping the customer even when
there is a way to do so at minimal cost or risk (e.g., using my credit
card as a guarantee on a reship).

In fact, if they thought about this right the cost of dealing with
multiple customer service calls (at ~$3/hour fully loaded) plus the
bad faith created is more expensive than the minimal cost and risk of
resending now (secured by a credit card) with possibly expedited
shipping (at UPS's cost).

Such treatment would earn them real kudos since as I have said
multiple times, I don't blame them for the initial loss (I fault only
the "discretion" of the UPS guy who apparantly has the authority to
use his "discretion" -- i.e. laziness -- to decide to leave the
package outside). Rather, I only blame them for not trying to come up
with a more helpful and flexible resolution.

I would not buy from HF anyway, but it has nothing to do with your problem
with UPS.