bugbear

Ken Grunke wrote:
bugbear wrote:

So, I'm guessing these were rough forged, then
finish ground.

If they were ground, it was likely for a sliding fit against each other,
two wedges pointing in opposite directions to make an adjustable shim.
But they're not ground the full length, so that makes me wonder if a
wedge goes between some other surfaces to adjust the space between them.

If the grinding wasn't done with a precision surface grinder, but only
cosmetically ground with something like a disc sander, then they would
more likely be some type of punch or chisel--or still be shims for less
precise stuff like woodworking.

Are there any markings on them?

The grinding was of the "clean up" persuasion; certainly NOT a surface
grinder, but equally not an angle grinder either.

There were no maker's marks of any kind, so I'm guessing
they were craftsman made.

BugBear