effi

"Hamilton Audio" wrote in message
news:JKmEd.39919$Xk.29554@pd7tw3no...
i've got a large but skinny exterior window just to the right of my front
entrance door. The bottom sill sticks out more than the rest (design
element) and of course holds water when it rains....

so - the bottom left corner of frame (where the left panel meets the
bottom sill) has gotten soft. I've read about 2 part products that
contain a wood petrifier to solidify the wood (when the majority of the
crappy rotted wood has been removed) and then an epoxy based putty that
you use to "replace" the wood with.

has anybody had experience with this type of product? any opinions? i'm
looking to do some springtime repairs and would like this to be one of
them.

read somewhere the "git" stuff doesn't work

heard bondo (car body filler) can be used on rotted wood to some effect,
don't know if it works or advisability of it