Andy Hall

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 20:20:07 +0000 (UTC), "timycelyn"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 11:16:35 +0000 (UTC), "timycelyn"
wrote:

I guess if anyone is ever to repeal this, it would be the Tories, but
nothing is certain in this world, certainly not their winning the next
election.....

John Redwood is very aware of Part P. He's my local MP and I have
written to him about it on several occasions as well as discussing it
with him personally a couple of times.

Ah, that's a little encouraging then. Glad to know that he's picking this up
from multiple sources, although there are just a few unknowns in the system
before we would gwt to a point when the Tories are in a position to repeal
this....

But I must admit that I'll take the trouble to look at their anti-red tape
paper when it comes out, to see what they say about part P.

It is encouraging, but I think that one has to set it in context.
There will undoubtedly be a long list with some rather more earth
shattering and affecting issues than part P higher up the list.

I'm fighting a few other battles with government departments at the
moment, so in one respect I can sympathise with politicians to a point
in that they are broadsided with so much stuff it can be very diffult
to set priorities.

On part P, it is very obvious that the industry interest groups waged
a successful propaganda campaign with both the politicians and the
civil servants. As individuals, it's quite hard to compete with
that, when data is selected to suit the desired outcome.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl