CW

Starrett doesn't give a rip about some hobbiest in his home workshop. That
is not the market that pays there bills. They are an industrial supplier.

"Jay Pique" wrote in message
Probably. I'm not sure if Starrett has read the writing on the wall
or not, but they are going to lose market share if they don't become
more price competitive. I'll buy American if it makes sense to do so.
If it's a few percentage points more expensive for the same product,
I'll give them a nod. But when extremely comparable alternatives are
available at 1/2 the cost, it's hard for me to justify. It's a
competitive world - and it should be.

JP