bob

I have two driveways - the one on the right goes up a significant incline to
the main level garage. There is a sidewalk from this driveway to my front
door. The one on the left goes to the lower garage under the house where my
shop is located. It is somewhat hidden by a 9 foot tall brick wall that
swoops from the drive over to the house. There is no obvious entrance to
the house here - only a double garage door and a single entry door.

The UPS driver consistently leaves packages at the lower driveway door.
Last summer, a box of Indian River fruit that was sent by a friend
unannounced sat in the hot deep south sun for three days before we found it.
Every package they deliver goes down there. Last week, $250 worth of drawer
slides sat out in the pouring rain all night because we didn't know they
were there. (Thanks WW Warehouse, for the very fast delivery!). On the
other hand, Fedex consistently goes to the front porch. He parks on the
street and walks UP the driveway.

We've called and complained. We put a note on the door. Doesn't matter.
Me thinks the driver goes to the left side because the driveway is flat and
he can pull right up to the door. On the right, he isn't going to make a
tight right turn and uphill grade because he'll have to back out. Plus, on
the right, he has to get out of the truck and actually carry the package to
the front door or side door that we use. Imagine how heavy a box of 24
drawer slides must weigh.

G-g-g-r-r-r-r-h-h-h-h.

wrote in message
I made the mistake of placing a $300+ order with Harbor Freight just
before the Holidays.

Items never arrived. I tried calling customer service but got repeated
busy signals.

Finally, today, I was told that item was delivered last week and left
on the "porch" -- the porch however is in clear open view to the
public and covered in snow.. (we live in northern New England)

Rather than take responsibility for it and attempt to quickly correct
the error, the customer service person offered the following non-solution:
- Wait another 8-10 business days for them to follow up with UPS
- Then, order again and wait another 10-14 days for item to be
reordered and redelivered (assuming of course that items are still
even in stock)

In all (at best) it will take more than 2 months for them to fulfill my
order.

The customner service droid and supervisor said that is the "policy"
and they were not open to any other solutions, even if I was willing
to back it up with my credit card.

They showed no empathy and refused to even admit that they or their
agent (UPS) may have done something wrong here (like leaving large
boxes of expensive metal tools out on an exposed porch in the snow)

I guess there is a reason for their cheap prices...

If you have had any similar negative customer service experiences with
Harbor Freight, please feel free to share them so that the next newbie
can be fully "cavet emptor" before purchasing.

I WOULD RECOMMEND AVOIDING HARBOR FREIGHT LIKE THE PLAGUE!