buck

Chad and Chuck..... What great info and suggestions. I will follow both of
your advice and get a different splitter and possible a different blade. I
will get a mobile base since I need to move it around inside the garage.
From what you guys have said there is a lot of replacing and tweaking going
on here. The way I look at it is to compare the TS300 to the El Cheapo
$100-200 bench models in the marketplace (flimsy, tinny, sloppy) and all of
a sudden this saw doesn't look too bad. I looked for used saws as suggested
by others, but to be truthful they can be pretty hard to find (especially
when you really need one). Shoot, reading in the woodworking forum, users
are always complaining and tweaking their $1000 saws. Seems like nobody is
ever happy with their saws LOL! I almost bought a Ryobi BTS20 for $210 the
other day but after seeing the playing with the Delta TS300 at the
discounted price, I thought the Delta was much much superior. I guess time
will tell. I suppose you can get good and bad in anything. Thanks again
for your help.