edard

Ken Vale wrote:

mtlwright wrote:
I have been trying to find power hacksaw blades without success. I have
resurretced a small reciporcating power hacksaw that I found in a
junkyard, but have been unable to find the 14" x 1" blades it requires.
Anybody know where I might find these?
Cheers,

Bill

Visit my webpage: www.geocities.com/mtlwright

Speaking of power hacksaw blades I'd like a few used all-hard HSS
blades. I've heard a lot of good things about converting them into
knives with grinders and would like to give it a try. I'm in Ontario,
Canada and I hope someone localish has a few they can send my way
(location to keep the shipping costs down.
Ken (replace 3 with e, 4 with a, 0 with o).

Ken
"All Hard" power hacksaw blades make great knife blades. They were just the
right thickness to fit pattern knife handles. I used a Dremel with a
cutoff wheel to score the outline of the blade blank then just break out
the blank like breaking glass. Be very careful when grinding to keep the
temperature low so as not to loose the hardness. Some blades, while not
all-hard are made of the same material throughout but only the tooth area
is hardened. Those can be heat treated if you have the facilities. Good
luck.