Martin H. Eastburn

Well, some respondents lost track of the title, "...without a
forklift."

I have the following questions:
1) What is the shop floor?
2) How often does the machine need to be moved?
3) How accurately does it have to be positioned?
4) Is it to be moved along a single straight line, or along a
complicated path?

I had to move a 700# treadle hammer across a strong but somewhat
irregular cement floor. I did it by putting 1/4" rods under the
"front" edge and rolling the thing. This worked exceedlingly well, but
bould not be the method of choice in many cases.

This could be made a more controllable means of moving a machine if a
Johnson bar were used to lift one edge and steer.

A 100# woman might need a come-along, or some such thing, to provide
the pull to move the thing.
Be careful. Some machines may be top-heavy and could fall over.

Bruce

I'd like to add a well swept and clean floor - so the small bits of whatever
won't act as wheel stops.

The lady has to over come the friction. If the floor dips or strikes (both are axial slopes)
the lady or man might be run over when the initial friction is overcome.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer