Orrin Iseminger

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 17:08:53 -0500, Ken Vale
wrote:

ff wrote:
Ignoramus4718 wrote:

I am curious, what could one do to prevent "wearing out" of the knees?

Drink more water (water is your body's wonder fluid; it is used in
cooling, circulation, lubrication of joints, digestion) not enough of
water causes so many problems

You can use supplements to help you with your joints, I used the
following when I was taking Kung Fu because my knees were hurting:
Glucosamine Sulfate
Chondroitin Sulfate
Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM)
I switched to Judo and Brazilian Jujitsu and my knees stopped hurting (I
haven't had to use any of those supplements since)

I've also heard that Fish Oil (get high quality stuff or you get fish
tasting burps) will also help.

You may also want to examine what you do in a typical day to determine
if one or more of your activities are causing you problems (adding
rubber mats to your shop floor will making a huge difference).
Ken

I was going to respond, but Ken said everything for me. My knees were
creaky for many years, but glucosamine and MSM took care of that in
short order. They've been fine for many years, now.

I might add one more thing: make sure your weight is what it should
be. Many people I know who have bad knees are carrying far too much
excess cargo.

Regards,

Orrin