Chris J Dixon

Default Bathroom Paint - Required?

Charles Middleton wrote:

I am about to start painting my bathroom. Do I really need to use special
bathroom paint or will any old emulsion suffice?

Chatting in the pub the other night the theory was that if I didn't use
bathroom paint then the moisture in the bathroom would penetrate the
standard emulsion into the plaster and give me possible damp/mould problems.

Has anyone any experience of using either bathroom / standard paint in
bathrooms and what are the effects?

Some years ago, smartening a house up before moving, got some
cheap emulsion, marked as not suitable for kitchens or bathrooms,
but CBA to get anything better. It lost opacity when damp, but
was OK when it dried again.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK