Ecnerwal

In article ,
Jura wrote:

I'm refurbishing an old lathe. I have so far changed headstock bearings,
I've got new pulleys, a VDF and a new motor. I should now find a
way to mount the motor. My initial test showed that when mounted onto
a hinged plate the motor start to vibrate somewhat. So now I'd like
find some instructions on how to make a solid mounting that would have
some sort of a release mechanism for changing pulleys. Any ideas?

You might be able to improve your hinged plate by adding a spring, or a
section of threaded rod, to apply some tension to the plate in excess of
the motor weight. Or a better hinge (less slop) might do it. Or better
setup (being on a hinge does not cure being off to one side, etc).
However...

Look at the motor mounts on most any belt driven tool. The motor is
mounted to a plate with holes in it, and that plate sits on a plate with
slots in it. Bolts go through the holes, and into the slots. The relase
mechanism is a wrench.

For a quick release with more-or-less fixed motor, you might put a small
wheel, such as a skatboard wheel, where it can be levered to push in on
the outside of the belt.