Peter R

I read recently on the Ingersoll Rand website, (I think) that it isn't
the copper pipe that's the problem, it's the soldered (sweated?)
tin/lead joints that will eventually fatigue and fail due to transmitted
compressor vibration. Flared copper joints are fine, apparently. I
personally use iron pipe as I like its water removal properties, but
with any setup you have to slope your horizontal feeds to a drain point
to remove the condensated water. I ran with a rubber hose for some time
in my new shop and had massive water in the lines problems till I
installed the iron pipe. As for TP Tools, their website is fine:
http://www.tptools.com/ they have great stuff and good support.

Cheers, Peter

jim rozen wrote:
In article , Ecnerwal
says...

I'm in the copper camp (cue the "copper is unsafe, but we can't quite
explain how, but we say it is, so it must be" people).

Odd, I've yet to find those folks. I would simply run half inch
copper, with regular sweated fittings.

Jim