R.H.

One thing which would confirm this would be if the jaws are more
domed in both dimensions. They are obviously so in one dimension, but I
don't think that the other shot (which shows from the proper direction,
but shows the whole tool) has enough detail available.

They're just domed in the one dimension.

If nothing else, it at least could be a cut nipper modified by
an individual to serve that function.

I've got a couple more things that I pulled from the same tool box that I'll
be posting shortly, if anyone recognizes them maybe it will help ID this
one.