Tim Killian

It's a CH 4-cylinder model CIQ71060V:

http://www.jackssmallengines.com/ch_air_comp_quad.cfm

I like it because it runs at low RPM, has oil lubrication, and the motor
operates with 240V single phase.

On 2005-01-10, Tim Killian wrote:

I put my 60-gal compressor in the garage and ran a 3/4' heavy-wall
copper line to the workshop. It has worked out well -- the noise is in
the garage, and the air is in the shop. Be sure to add a filter/drain
bowl/regulator at the shop end, and don't forget to drain the tank every
couple of days.

Thanks. I have a measly compressor compared to yours. What kind of
compressor do you own?

Ignoramus13229 wrote:

Now that I have a nice 60A subpanel in the garage, I can finally
afford to plug in whatever I want without tripping my breakers.

The subpanel has the following receptacles:

1) 50A 220V range receptacle
2) 20A 220V receptacle
2) Two 20A 110V receptacles

The eequipment that I am thinking about is a 2.2HP Harbor Freight
pancake compressor.

What I am thinking about is this: setting it up in the garage to be
plugged on, for extended periods of time (like one day when I have
some projects to do, not necessarily permanently). It turns on only
when necessary, obviously, so it will run only 1% of the time anyway.

Then I would somehow install plumbing for compressed air from the
garage, to my basement workshop. It is easy location wise, all I need
is to drill a hole in the bottom of the garage wall and it goes right
into my basement crawlspace.

Then, I would install some sort of a permanent air "outlet" in the
workshop, into which I would plug tools and hoses.

What I am looking for is some thoughts on whether this is a sane idea,
and if so, what plumbing to use and what outlets etc. I want to do a
nice job, but not spend too much. And I want it to look sensible and
be highly usable.